The former Weight Watchers POINTS system was based upon calories, fat, and fiber. In the past, an experienced follower looked for foods with high fiber content, to offset the calories and fat grams.
This week, Weight Watchers launched a new PointsPlus program, which is based upon protein, fiber, fat, and carbohydrates. As a result, some of my favorites have higher PointsPlus values, but the daily allowance is also higher.
Over the past nine weeks, I compiled a collection of staples that satisfy and help manage PointsPlus.
- Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain Whole Grain lowfat frozen waffles – 2 for 4 PointsPlus
Light cream cheese and berries between are a great breakfast
- Flat Out Multigrain Healthy Grain flatbread – 1 for 2 PointsPlus
Flat Out Light White flatbread – 1 for 1 PointsPlus
Spritz on olive oil, spread basil leaves, tomato, and reduced fat cheese for a fabulous and satisfying pizza.
Spread on ranch dip, slices of Hormel Natural turkey deli meat and cucumbers for a filling wrap.
- Black beans – 1/2 cup for 2 PointsPlus
Great on salads, flatbread pizza, scrambled eggs, and with brown rice.
- Egg whites in the carton – 3 egg whites for 1 PointsPlus (no change)
Mix one whole egg with cartoned egg whites for an “eggier” and lower points omelette or scrambled eggs.
- Apples – 1 small for 0 PointsPlus (most fruit now has 0 PointsPlus)
High in fiber and vitamin C – midafternoon munchies stopper